Spring is usually the “out with old and in with the new” season of the year. This issue of Synchronized Chaos, Freedom from the past – Hope for the future, re-emphasizes this idea of change. There is a commonality in everyone for the need to hope. This need results from living with truth in the past, understanding the present, and seeking wisdom for the future.
Inspired by the month of April, which is National Child Abuse Prevention Month in the United States, J’Rie B. Elliott was compelled to share her poem, Flower. We are also proud to include 3 poems by 2 anonymous imprisoned abuse survivors in Chowchilla, CA. Additional poetry submissions include Howling by Eric Sadler and Rag Elite by Christopher Bernard. Once Upon a Time is a poem by Cynthia Lamanna in memory of her son, Elijah.
Also featured in this issue are the following reviews and interviews:
- Janine Canan on Goddess Durga and Sacred Female Power, by Laura Amazzone
- Michael Widman on Just J’Rie, by J’Rie B. Elliott
- Brooke Cooley on The Rhyme of the Ag-ed Mariness, by Lynn Lonidier
- Floyd A. Logan and Tammra Smith on Boneyard, by Dee Allen
- Bruce Roberts on Chanticleers Theatre’s production of Lend Me a Tenor
- Jennifer Harbourn on The Jade Rubies, by Valerie Lee
- Matt Baxter on Lord of Misrule, by Jaimy Gordon
- Bruce Roberts on Home Made Hell, by J’Rie B. Elliott
- Martin Rushmere on House Arrest, by Ellen Meeropol
- Cynthia Lamanna interview with San Francisco Visual Artist, Anne Eunice
- Jaylan Salah interview with Berkeley Gallery-Owner, Alta Gerrey
Last but not least, be sure to check out the intriguing glowing artwork by painter Amelia Lewis and short story Vision, by Thomas Smith. Both Lewis and Smith are new contributors to Synchronized Chaos.
As always, thank you for reading and we hope that you enjoy this month’s issue! In recognition of Freedom from the past – Hope for the future, we also continue to encourage you all to donate to the relief efforts in Japan.
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-22697730-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);